Lincolns are not your average accountants. Join our team and reap the rewards.
Who are we?
Lincolns is a team of 46 people who believe in providing great solutions to our clients. We also believe that having fun at work is important. Our business approach is to assist you in your learning and career objectives with opportunities that involve direct contact with clients and supporting the community with seminars and projects, whilst applying a genuine friendly culture to everything we do.
At Lincolns, accounting is what we do ... but this is who we are.
What's in it for you?
Check out the benefits of working at Lincolns: Lincolns ... a great place to work.
In addition, a position at Lincolns offers opportunities to suit people in any stage of their life and career including:
- Opportunities to reach your full potential and develop your leadership skills
- Exposure to “other aspects” of an accountant’s role, eg business plans, succession plans, interest rate and finance comparisons
- The scope to really get to know your clients and develop solid working relationships with them
- A positive corporate culture with an active social club, including family activities
- Fortnightly in-house technical training
- Central office location – in the middle of town and only two minutes to the beach
- Outstanding work / life balance with the flexibility for people with a family to make that a priority
- Fabulous lifestyle opportunities – local sports teams, live music, wineries, entertainment, award winning bars and restaurants, beaches, rugged coastline, ranges, sailing, kayaking, surfing, fishing, camping and whale watching at your doorstep (to name just a few!)
Employment training programs
- Gap Year Programme
- Cadetship Programme / Tertiary Studies
- CA Programme
- CPA Programme
- Trainees without formal qualifications
Sick of the rat race, sitting in traffic, finding a parking bay and never having any family time? Our team only drive 5 minutes to work, have no parking hassles, can attend school assemblies while still putting in 38 hours a week, have direct client contact and plenty of room for career advancement.
Tell us about yourself
We want to hear from you. We are looking for a highly capable, energetic and motivated Accountant with 3-5 years’ experience to join our growing team. You will work alongside our Partners, have direct client contact and there is plenty of room for career advancement as well as time for family and a personal life.
Some of what you’ll be doing includes
- Prepare, examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Prepare financial statements and tax returns
- Interact directly with clients to maintain strong client relationships and be the point of contact for client matters
- Prepare tax estimates and provide tax planning options
- Provide business advice and solve problems
Does this sound like you?
Then we would love to hear from you. Contact Jenni Leonard on 08 9841 1200 or by email at [email protected]
The ‘Gap Year Student’ position at Lincolns BEYOND NUMB3RS is a fantastic opportunity for a student who would like to work for a year after completing Year 12 and before commencing formal studies at University or TAFE.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
Handling the mail
Distribution of confidential financial documents
Assist with morning teas
Maintain the staff kitchen
General office duties and adhoc requests from the Lincolns team
Utilisation of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
Opportunity to complete Certificate III in Business
From this position, the student will develop organisational and technical skills that are highly sought after by employers in all industries.
Exposure to working in the ‘real world’ will be gained and this will ease the transition from high school to entering the workforce. The student will also increase their self-confidence and gain personal growth that will benefit them not only in the workplace but throughout their entire life.
Applications for our 2019 placement are now closed.
Lincolns encourages Tertiary Studies and allows this to be conducted while working in the following ways:
- Sandwich Course - ie: six months study and six months work each year
- Part Time work with correspondence studies
- Full Time work with correspondence studies
We support and mentor accountants studying the CA Program through the Institute of Chartered Accountants. We allow special leave for study, workshops and exams.
We support and mentor accountants studying the CPA Program through CPA Australia. We allow special leave for study and exams.
We regularly employ and train Graduate University and Graduate TAFE accounting students.
We employ people and train into accounting roles without formal education or qualifications.