Lincolns are not your average accountants. Join our team and reap the rewards.
Employment training programs
- Gap Year Programme
- Cadetship Programme / Tertiary Studies
- CA Programme
- CPA Programme
- Trainees without formal qualifications
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant to provide tax and business advisory services to Lincolns' clients. Reporting to a Manager and interacting closely with the Partners, this senior role involves providing a wide range of business and taxation services for a varied client base.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join our dynamic team of accountants located in the vibrant regional centre of Albany. A role at Lincolns offers you:
- Opportunities to reach your full potential and develop your leadership skills
- Exposure to "other aspects" of an accountant's role, eg business plans, succession plans, interest rate and finance comparisons
- The scope to really get to know your clients and develop solid working relationships with them
- A positive corporate culture with an active social club
- Fortnightly in-house technical training
- Central office location – two minutes to work, two minutes to the beach
- Outstanding work / life balance
- Fabulous lifestyle opportunities – wineries, beaches, rugged coastline, ranges, sailing, kayaking, surfing, fishing, camping and whale watching at your doorstep (to name just a few!)
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Prepare, examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Analyse qualitative data as needed
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for highly complex clients and ensure that clients lodge and pay by the required dates
- Keep clients informed of tax developments that affect their business
- Preparation of Tax Estimates and provide planning options
- Negotiate and liaise with ATO on behalf of clients
- Assessing clients' business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
- Provide advice and service to clients in relation to their business activities, family matters, wealth creation, risk reduction, retirement planning and succession planning
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience preparing financial statements and tax returns for SME's
- CPA/CA qualification, or working towards achieving this
- Experience working on a portfolio of clients
If this sounds like you, send your application to email@example.com.
The ‘Gap Year Student’ position at Lincolns BEYOND NUMB3RS is a fantastic opportunity for a student who would like to work for a year after completing Year 12 and before commencing formal studies at University or TAFE.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
Handling the mail
Distribution of confidential financial documents
Assist with morning teas
Maintain the staff kitchen
General office duties and adhoc requests from the Lincolns team
Utilisation of Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
Opportunity to complete Certificate III in Business at the Great Southern Institute of Technology
From this position, the student will develop organisational and technical skills that are highly sought after by employers in all industries.
Exposure to working in the ‘real world’ will be gained and this will ease the transition from high school to entering the workforce. The student will also increase their self-confidence and gain personal growth that will benefit them not only in the workplace but throughout their entire life.
Details about our 2019 placement will be available from around September 2018.
Lincolns encourages Tertiary Studies and allows this to be conducted while working in the following ways:
- Sandwich Course - ie: six months study and six months work each year
- Part Time work with correspondence studies
- Full Time work with correspondence studies
We support and mentor accountants studying the CA Program through the Institute of Chartered Accountants. We allow special leave for study, workshops and exams.
We support and mentor accountants studying the CPA Program through CPA Australia. We allow special leave for study and exams.
We regularly employ and train Graduate University and Graduate TAFE accounting students.
We employ people and train into accounting roles without formal education or qualifications.